60 Years of Distribution in East Anglia
Our journey began in 1911 when Charles Makepeace Evans established a branch of the United Mnfg. Co. Ltd in Bury St. Edmunds. The company specialised in the supply of farming oil, and further diversified to offer spares for thrashing machines. On the death of Mr Evans in 1948, his son David Evans took over the company with a major challenge as Combine Harvesters had completely revolutionised the harvest scene so he followed his father’s example and diversified, one diversification was into Industrial Fasteners and Transmission Equipment which, having proved itself, became DJ Evans (Bury) Ltd in 1957.
In 1983 the Evans family purchased GKN depot in Brandon and established Fengate Fasteners. Over the years the Evans family also purchased depots in Leiston and Ipswich which completed our coverage of East Anglia. You can find our addresses via the contact page.
David Evans’ son Richard took over the company in 1989, as a managing director. He is in board of directors up to this date.
Fixings and Fasteners have been at the heart of the business through its longevity, over the years the company further diversified and today we are offering a wide range of building materials, construction supplies and building services nationally.